Well, it appears that sometime between last week and this week, the Mount Penn race discreetly removed the women's category from the roster for next weekend's road race. There were only two Sturdies planning to attend the race (myself and Naomi), but it's a real stinker that we keep losing races rather than gaining them!
Tonight is going to be my last evening ride with the girls for a while. I'm going to make sure to enjoy myself immensly and try to make sure that I drink in the motivation of my teammates. It's going to be tough to train on my own for the next 6 weeks, but I am going to make sure to do it! I am doing really well so far this year. I feel good, I know that I can feel better, and so I have to keep myself on track.
Now, if I can only figure out how to lose a few pounds so that I don't have to drag all this weight up those hills, I'll be set! I'm trying to get some pointers from Zabriskie, who managed to weasel himself down to 140 pounds for the Giro this year! Hello!!! That's less than I weigh, and he's 4 inches taller than me! CRAZY! I'd love to be 140 pounds! In all honesty, I have no idea how much I do weigh right now...my scale doesn't work very well, I don't think! :)
Anywho...
No comments:
Post a Comment