My latest graduate semester has now ended. I am two classes closer to becoming a Dr.! Wow...that is such a strange idea to me still. I mean, it's still a long way off. I still have to take one more course in the Fall, pass my prelim exams next Spring, and complete a dissertation! No big deal, eh? Yeah, right! But, the closer I get, the more realistic it seems.
My presentation at the Penitentiary went really well yesterday. They set us up in the middle of CellBlock 2, which was great because those cells have the "dead eyes" in them that I use for a great part of my paper. Then, we had the chance to walk around and visit the rest of the site. It was a beautiful day and a really great time to walk around and talk about the construction of this really influential building. I can't wait to go back there and take the 'Rents and whoever else wants to visit! :)
I finished off my day yesterday with a Sturdy Girl ride. 27 miles of nice, easy paced riding with some decent climbs. Tonight is monster climb night with the Turkey Hill Racing Squad. I'm really working hard on getting my legs to go up these hills at a reasonable pace without futzing out after one lap of the course, but it's pretty tough! I'm looking forward to the race on Saturday, but I am also nervous about doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment