What a beautiful weekend we had out here in New Jersey! As it will probably be one of our last nice weekends before winter kicks in, we did head out and enjoy ourselves. A nice run on both days, and a little leaf raking today to try and clean up the yard. On Saturday, we went and watched Chuck's little brother Matt play football. They had their first playoff game, and after they racked up 41 points to their opponents 0, Matt got to play! He's only a sophomore, so the fact that he is already part of the Varsity team is pretty cool. He doesn't play unless they're ahead by a lot, but at least he gets in there. It was quite interesting to be at a high school football game as a "grown-up". I guess that since the whole 10-year is coming up, I have my high school years on the mind, which were...what's the best word...dramatic (to say the least). Aren't they always?
Now, it's Sunday night and back to work tomorrow morning. The semester is starting to wind down. Three of my classes have 2nd exams this week, and finals are about a month away. This is always an interesting time of the year because some students think that they can cruise through the rest of the semester without doing much! Not in my class! I actually have a ton of work to do during the end of the semester and break before the Spring starts. I have to get ready for my online course and I'm teaching Modern American Art again, so I have to go over all my notes and get that organized. That is a great class...love it.
I'm also going to post some images here of me and Chuck and our "kids." Elwood, Jake, and Tuga are our three cats. They are all adorable and cute, although Jake probably needs to be put on Kitty-Cat Prozac...he's a little high-strung! OK...he's a LOT high strung.
No comments:
Post a Comment