Friday, November 04, 2005

Our Friday...

What a nice, relaxing Friday we ended up having. I got home from work kind of early, so I went out for a run...about 4 miles or so. It was a nice run and the weather has been wonderful out here. It is going to be in the 70s tomorrow, which is absolutely strange considering that it's November.

We stopped by Chuck's mom's house on our way to the bookstore for a night of browsing (I know, we're old farts already!!). The seven dogs and three cats were very happy to see us! Then we headed to Barnes and Noble with a mind to get the Chronicles of Narnia and a few CDs (I'm currently listening to Paganini's Violin Concertos). I picked up that and Depeche Mode's new album...eclectic mix, eh?

I also looked at a few books on Turkey, but nothing was particularly outstanding. I think I'm going to ask Santa for some travel books and a language series. I'd really like to learn some Turkish before I head over to Istanbul! I think it would be nice to know a few phrases and terms before setting foot on soil that foreign!

Enough for now except to say to my sister...I love you and I am sooooo happy that everything is hunky dory! You are a strong, incredible woman!!! Mom, take good care of her and Scotty for us!

No comments: