Thank God it's Friday!!
This week has been a bit of a fiasco in Philly! The SEPTA (South-Eastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) workers decided to go on strike on Halloween morning!! Which means that 90% of the public transportation in the city; buses, trains, etc., are not running. Needless to say, Philadelphia has been in a bit of a tizzy since then. It's amazing that in the city, more than 34% of households do not own a car. Even though we live in Jersey, Chuck and I were also affected. Normally, we would drive into the city together and then I would take the train up to my school from his. Currently, we are both driving over separately. Not that this is a horrific thing...but it's now costing us 3 times as much money a day (as we both pay bridge toll and I pay for parking). Could be worse...we could be one of the many people with no way to get to work or school. Regardless, I'm glad that the week is coming to an end and we don't have to get into the city all weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment