Monday, July 09, 2007

Shore Leave...

I spent the weekend at the shore...

A few days lounging in the sun did me good. I am all refreshed and ready for a great week of getting ready for the BIG VISIT! That's right, Mom and Dad are coming out!! Yippee! Can't wait to see them and spend time doing all kinds of fun things around the city and shore! They're going to be coming out to see me race at the Fulton Road Race, which is really cool! I hope that I continue to do well and have a good race day while they're here!

I got some good rides in down there. On Saturday morning, I headed out on the road with Steve DelMonte and Pat Clemens for a 30+ mile interval ride. We did a tough interval, but I managed to hold my own pretty well...even kicked the boys' butts a few times! :) It was nice to ride with them and have someone push me that hard. The other days that I was there, I just went out on my own.

Tonight is my final day of class for the summer, so starting tomorrow, I AM ON VACATION!!! Well...sort of! I have to start studying for my prelim exams, start getting ready for my classes to start in the Fall, and finish writing up a course for work. Should be less vacation and more work, but at least I will be at home! :)

Since I don't have class tomorrow, I get to train with the team again! I've really missed training with everyone, although I have really been loving my training rides with Luly! It will be nice to be back with the group, working off of them and having them work off of me!

The rest of the month is shaping up like this for major rides and races:
July 15th - Amercan Cancer Society Ride (100 miles - feel free to donate to the cause!)
July 21st - Robert Fulton Road Race (30 miles)
July 27-July 29 - Tour de 'Toona Stage Race (total of 60 miles of racing in 3 days)

Should be a great month! :)

No comments: