Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Team Training

I was finally back out on the road with the Girls! And, what a bunch of Girls it was! We had 12 people at the training session last night, including my fellow Tour de 'Toona teammates, Sally, Dana, and Naomi! We worked on tactics for the race. Apparently, there is a Queen of the Mountains prize at Toona. The one major hill that we will deal with in this classification is 6 miles long. Yes, you heard me correctly, 6 MILES LONG! :) Now, for some of my Pacific NorthWest and Rocky Mountain Region friends, that might be a small bump in the road, but for a flatlander like myself, that is a MASSIVE climb! I have really improved my climbing skills this season, though, so I am excited to be a domestique for Naomi to score from QOM points! :)

I felt pretty good last night, all in all. My legs are feeling fresh most days that I head out (unlike earlier in the season where one hard workout would zap them!). Hopefully, I can keep my legs and my health up through the end of the month so that I can really work for Naomi and Dana at Toona. They are the protected gals for the weekend, and I'm pretty excited to be a desginated work horse! Naomi is referring to the race as a slumber party race, since we're all staying together in a 5 bedroom flat for the weekend. Boy, I hope that we all get along! :)

No comments: