It's been a few days since I posted...but I have a good excuse! My parents came out to visit and we have been pretty busy for the last week while they were here. We visited the shore for a few days, we went out to Lancaster for a race on Saturday, and we did some fun jobs around the house. I just got home from dropping them off at the airport and wanted to post a little note before hitting the road to Toona tonight! :)
They arrived on the 18th early in the morning, so we headed down to the shore for a few days. We spent some time down there shopping at Cape May and Stone Harbor, visiting the beach, and going to see Harry Potter (it was GREAT, by the way!). On Friday, we came back up to the house to get ready for my race at Fulton on Saturday. The race went really well. It was a 30 mile race on a pretty tough course. It had two climbs that were full out of the saddle climbs, one with a grade of 12% at one point. It was tough, but the last two miles were PERFECT! They were really fast and really fun. Anyway, after a little under 2 hours in the saddle, and a near crash after being clipped by a Cat 4 men's rider on the downhill run to the finishing climb, I ended up taking 3rd overall. I will try to post a more detailed race report soon! The great thing is that the 3rd place gave me enough points to upgrade to Cat 3! I will wait to do that until the end of the season, but it's a relief to have acquired the points that I need! :) There was a guy there taking photos, and they are AWESOME! Check them out HERE! If you click on the top left link, it will take you to a gallery that includes photos of the Women's Cat 4 race I'm on page 7! SWEET! :)
Tonight, we leave for our 3-day stage race in Altoona! I'm really nervous and really nauseated at the thought of climbing some of these hills in a race setting...but I'm also really excited! It's going to be a great weekend! Again...a full recap is soon to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment