Anywho...I took him out on a ride that I know very well, and I know how it feels on my bike. This felt a lot different than my bike! It rode very smooth and quiet, floating over bumps that would knock my brain around on my bike. It accelerated well, although I did not think it was quite as nimble as the Specialized Tarmac. However, it climbed and descended hills like it was on wings! The main reason that I wanted to test this bike is that it is designed to be a climbing bike for the pros in the Tour. It certainly is! Wow...I could definitely feel a difference in the way that my legs responded to the hill based on my position on the bike and the way that the bike is built. That's a big plus for me, because climbing is one of my weaknesses. So, I would have to say that if I can find a bike that seems to be a blending of the speed and response of the Tarmac with the climbing feel of the Cervelo, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
On to the next bike, which I lovingly refer to as the Cyborg Bike. I'm riding the Serotta HSG Titanium/Carbon mix bike tonight. Here it (not sure if it's a boy or a girl yet) is...
If you look closely, you can see that the top tube and down tubes are titanium with carbon inserts. The front fork is carbon and the seat stay. It's a bit heavier than the Cervelo, at 18.5 pounds and has SRAM rival on it (NOT a big fan of SRAM shifters), but there are a lot of places where I can shed pounds if I were to build it up, so I'm not too worried about it. What I am primarily concerned with tonight is checking out the feel of Titanium to see if it's something that I think I might like. If so...there's a SWEET custom Independent Fabrication that might have my name on it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment