Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hot! Hot! Really, really HOT!

Today was the crit at Rodale. Nice course...smooth, built specifically for riding and blading. One small hill and a nice sprint to the finish line. We had a fantastic race...and it was really all about teamwork today. It was amazing to see the team come together today and end up with 3 Sturdies in the top 5! AWESOME!

There were 13 women in the field and we had marked a few of them as tough contenders. Sure enough, we marked the right ladies and they took it to us with 2 laps left to go. I tried to go along, but when I pushed my legs, they were just not responding as I had hoped. I can make excuses about it being hot, but I just didn't have the power today. Alison pulled the ENTIRE race...she is so unbelievably strong and she helped me to pull a 3rd place finish, with her and Jody in 4th and 5th. She didn't just help...she's the reason that I came in third. I owe that one to her for sure. Sally came to spectate, bless her heart, and took lots of photos...I'll be sure to get ahold of some to post when I can.

Now, it's upgrade time. I'm excited about becoming a Cat 3...but also a little nervous. Now, I have to race with Sally and Dana and all of the other speedy ladies that are 1/2/3/ racers! :) It will be fun and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I have one more bike to test ride for tomorrow. I'm giving the Cannondale System Six a go for tomorrow's long ride. Here it is...interesting bike. The front end is carbon and the rear triangle and seat tube are aluminum. It's not the lightest machine...beating out the Serotta to weigh around 19 lbs...although my saddle bag was on it. But, I have been told that it's a nice ride and acts as a climbing bike...so we'll have to see how it handles tomorrow. Looking forward to another test ride and a trip out to who know's where with the Sturdies (and George!).


No comments: