Follow along as I drop bits of my life on the blog room floor. Hopefully, some of this journey will be interesting. Most of it, I imagine, will just be downright normal. Alas...here we are.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Serotta on the Road!
So, I had the chance to put the Serotta to the test on the road. It had a nice feel to the ride...stiff, but very responsive and very fast. I must admit that my fit on the bike was not the best and that my legs were a little tired today, so my review is partly tarnished by those facts. That said...it felt pretty nice on the flats. I loved the response that I got from the mixture of carbon and ti on the bike. I did not like the way it climbed. After riding the R3 last night, I was looking for something to glide up the hills like that thing did. NOT the case. I felt like I was back on Athena and was dragging a 20+ pound bike up the hill. Not the way I wanted to feel on a bike that weighs almost 3 pounds less. The geometry on the R3 is just perfect for stomping a hill into oblivion (and then torpedoing yourself down the other side). The Serotta would be a GREAT bike for crits. If I could have one for road races and one for crits, this would be in the running...but, I'm not sure that it was exactly what I was looking for. Alas...the search continues!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment