Well, I now know what it feels like to have your legs ripped off! Figuratively speaking, of course! We did a monster workout tonight that included team pursuits. We split into two groups, one of which was the breakaway group, one the chase group. I was in the chase group to start and we worked our butts off trying to catch the others who started with a 15 second lead. It just wasn't happening. We brought the lead down to 5 seconds...still no good. We brought the lead down to 3 seconds and took away a rider from the break group...STILL NO GOOD. All the while, we're all busting our humps at 30 miles an hour trying to either catch or stay away from the other group. I thought my legs were going to fall off at one point when I was supposed to sprint to our "finish line." I told my coach afterward that he could have dangled a brand new Cervelo in front of my face and I still wouldn't have been able to sprint! He thought that was pretty funny.
Anywho...my beat legs and I are going to curl up in the air conditioning and hit the sack...it's back out on the road tomorrow morning at 6:30. Don't worry...it's just a recovery ride :)
No comments:
Post a Comment