Sunday, August 26, 2007

System Six recap

I rode the System Six for about 80 miles today. Other than having a very painful saddle on the bike and my tooshie not feeling too fabulous at the moment, I really liked this bike. This surprised me, particularly due to the fact that I feel a little iffy about the carbon/aluminum mix.

The bike has great geometry for climbing. The hills didn't feel so bad, despite the fact that I was tired from racing and the heat yesterday. However, it didn't seem to have as much "pep" as the other bikes that I rode. It seemed a bit sluggish when "hitting the gas." The Super Six has the same geometry, but is full carbon...so I'd like to try that and see if it's got more reaction than the System. (Man, Cannondale, couldn't you call them something MORE similar?!)

Alas, the search continues...but, it will be on hold while I'm in Colorado for the big sis's wedding! WOO HOO!!!! Party hearty with the fam and the Wilders!

No comments: