Yep...the Autumnal Equinox has passed. The days are getting shorter. The nights are getting longer. The weather is turning chilly, and rainy. And my Seasonal Affective Disorder is already scratching at the door.
I don't have any problem with the fall weather. In fact, I love "sweater weather." I love breaking out my boots and my fuzzy socks, my jeans and my warm wooly sweaters. I love having fires in the fireplace and in the backyard with a warm blanket and hot chocolate. I LOVE HALLOWEEN! I like that this is the season that Chuck and I take our walks together around the lake. I like that this is the season that we start decorating the house for holidays...all of them.
But, I don't like the way that I feel. I start feeling lazy. I start feeling unmotivated. I start feeling tired at 6pm. I have barely ridden my bike lately, and it's killing me. I tried to run the other day, but my knee was screaming at me in about a mile, so I had to stop. I know that I have to start going to the gym or figure out a way to do indoor bike training with some semblance of excitement, but I just haven't gotten there yet. I think that I need to write off September and see October as the start of my prep season. Maybe then I will be able to be more motivated.
Boy...I hate S.A.D.
3 comments:
Good call. I've written off anything more than the occasional ride in September. I'll start some maintenance training in October and base in late November or early December.
I'm going to have an acupuncture session next week and we're going to try to target my SAD - I hope it works! :)
Hi lovely,
everyone needs a break to allow their muscles to (whatever), so it is a well deserved break after a FAB season for you. Or just keep telling yourself something like this. How about watching DVDs on the wind-trainer? I spent most of our summer in the USA- you could come to Australia?
I love your new bike...it looks like mine but blue.
My husband bought me the book "Little miss Stubborn" so I guess that is what I am.
Hope you are able to successfully treat your S.A.D.
D. xx
Post a Comment