Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Congrats!

Many congratulations to my alma mater swim team. The Wayne State Warriors Women's team won the GLIAC championships for the third year running last weekend. And Sean Peters, my former coach, won coach of the year for the third straight time.

It's amazing to see such incredible things come out of a team that once referred to ourselves in glittering gold paint on a banner as "Ghetto Superstars." We were straight out of Detroit...the warmups that I wore my first two years must have been from the late 70s, and we only got new ones when they changed the mascot from the Tartars to the Warriors! We were the team that often got accused of stealing things when we were at meets. I mean, it was often true (some ladies will recall our visit to Northern Michigan University!), but we got accused of it because we were from D-Town.

I wish I could have been a part of such a winning squad, but I'm happy to know that I was instrumental in establishing the base upon which this mighty team now stands. Congrats again, ladies...way to rock the pool!

No comments: