I got home a short while ago from the Maiden Voyage of my new bike! It was a gorgeous day out - not a cloud in the sky, so even though the weather channel said that it was only 34 degrees while we were on the road, there were actually moments when I was a little too warm in my thermal jacket. We did a nice ride out past Haverford college - some nice climbs, some swift decents, and some great company (Josh and Jen - it was GREAT to meet you!)!
Oh, but I guess you want to hear about the bike. It was ok.
JUST KIDDING!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Sorry...I know that my enthusiasm is a bit goofy, but think about it....while I love my Felt, I went from a 22 pound, aluminum frame with carbon stays and fork, 105 component, 2 sizes too big for me bike to a 15 pound, full carbon fiber, Dura-Ace, fits like a glove bike. People asked if it was really so different, and I just shook my head and said, "It is a different WORLD on this bike."
The ride today was great. I was comfortable, the hills felt so easy and fast, and the way this bike reacts to pressure on the pedals is really incredible. When you push down, he reacts, reacts quickly, and reacts FAST.
So, all in all, the maiden voyage was really incredible. Best yet...I now know his name, too! As I was riding today, a name simply popped into my head - perhaps it was inspired by the three hawks that crossed my path today. I wasn't sure at first that it was actually his name, but I realized on the way home that it was.
His name is...
Falco.
Yes, like the 80s guy who sang Ammadeus. And like the last name of Keanu Reeves character in the Replacements (Shane Falco). But his name refers to his swift ability to attack his prey - not unlike a falcon!
Welcome to the family, Falco. :)
3 comments:
As soon as I read "falco" I thought of Paulo Savoldelli.
FYI, from Wikepedia in case you didn't know:
Paolo Savoldelli (born May 7, 1973 in Clusone, province of Bergamo) is an Italian road racing cyclist for L.P.R. Brakes and winner of the 2002 and 2005 Giro d'Italia.
Savoldelli is a good climber, but he is especially well known for his fast downhilling. Because of that, he is often nicknamed Il Falco ("the falcon").
Congrats on the new bike !
Thanks, Dave!
I was informed of the connection with Savoldelli yesterday on our ride. Apparently, my bike has good taste in names?! He is pretty dag-gon sweet at careening downhill! :)
It was GREAT to meet you, too. Thanks for showing the newbies around!
Glad to read that you so thoroughly enjoyed the new ride.
-Josh
Post a Comment