Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Colavita Ride"

Today will be my first official attempt at a "Colavita Ride." Allow me to explain.

When the Colavita team was staying with George and Sally over Pro Race Week, they would do recovery rides. They would ask George to take them out on the road, but to make sure that they went slow. George was a bit shocked when he found out what "slow" was. 10-12 mph AVERAGE. When you consider that I rarely do a ride that averages under 15 mph, you get a sense for how slow this would be for me...imagine how it must feel to a bunch of pro women! Anyway...they live on these recovery rides...which keep them spry and loose for big races.

So, today, I am off to try out my first "Colavita Recovery Ride." 10 mph here I come. It's going to be hard, but I know that it will pay off on Saturday when I have to race!

No comments: