Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Great Day...

Today was one of those good days. I studied all morning. Just sat on the back porch with my iPod and my articles and read. Some of the stuff I have to read is CRAP...can't figure out how it got published....other things are fantastic and I wish I had written them! Anyway...I'm deeply rooted in the late 18th century at the moment. All very interesting. And yes, Mateo, they are all dead people!

Then I did a little shopping. Almost bought one of those doo-hickeys that are supposed to allow you to play your iPod through your car stereo...but the last one I tried was crap and didn't work. So, I decided to hold onto my $80 and spend it on groceries instead. Good decision.

Finally, I headed out on the bike. I did some major intervals before the Gelato ride with Christian. Kicked my butt again, thank you very much my friend! The Gelato ride was fun. Lenore took us on a scavenger hunt. We headed over to the Drexel/UPenn campus area to see how many bells were used to create a large sculputre in front of the EMS store. (6, in case you're wondering). Then, we headed over to Northern Liberties to find out what insect was painted in a mural underneath the "oval mask." There was a cute little butterfly there. We stopped by the log cabin house on Lawrence Street before heading back toward Fairmount. There, we had to identify the stuffed animal that was stuck up in the tree at the corner of 24th and Aspen (it's a lion). I was thinking the whole time that I should have had my camera. This became even more significant when we left 24th and Aspen to head over to Capogiro.

Along the way, we spot two Sturdy imposters! Two boys, cruising down the street wearing Sturdy Girl jerseys! Turns out it was Tyler and John. Lenore phoned them and they came over to have Gelato with us. It was pretty hilarious to see them sporting these jerseys - and so proud of it, too! You guys looked good in hot pink...maybe Colavita could change it's color scheme? :)

We did get photos with Tyler and M's phones, so hopefully, one of them will come my way and I will post it! Very fun evening!

No comments: