News and interesting things happening in Pro Cycling:
Issue #1: Boonen's a Doper?
No, not that kind of doper, Boonen got caught testing positive for cocaine! Come on, though - the guy has several Belgian techno songs named after him - is it really a surprise that he's into recreational drugs?
Issue #2: Team CSC becomes...
Team CSC/Saxo Bank. Next year, they will just be Team Saxo Bank. I have two opinions on this. First, it sounds a bit too much like Rabobank. Second, there's something oddly "sexy" about the new name...Saxo Bank. Hmmm...not sure about that. But, thank goodness they got a new sponsor. Puts the whole Discovery Team inability to get a sponsor thing into perspective, doesn't it?
Issue #3: Tom Danielson is RIPPING IT UP!
This video was posted on the Slipstream website, and I have borrowed it. Not only is it amazing to watch this guy cruise up a 20% grade (man, I can't wait to watch him race the Tour), but the last 5 seconds are hilariously funny. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment