We just finished up our preview of the Bridgeton course for next weekend. I remember the course as fun and rather easy, and today confirmed my memories. The hills seem even smaller this year than last, of course, the whole thing will be quite different next weekend when it is undertaken amid an antsy group of Cat 1/2/3 riders vying for a State Champ jersey!!! The course really does suit me very well...as long as I remember to DRINK! I must stay hydrated. That was my downfall last year, and this year I have to do an extra 19 miles!
I am REALLY excited about the fact that both Sally and Dana are likely to be racing with me next weekend. George let me know today that as the only "Jersey Girl" in the 1/2/3 race, I am officially the designated rider and that the other two will be domestiquing for me! It feels weird to think that this is "my" race. I know that George only wants me to do my best and that he will be happy with us finishing safely if nothing else...but I REALLY want to do well. I'm feeling strong and confident. I love the course...I just have to ride SMART and PATIENT. Those are my key words for the week - my mantra!
The Cat 4 race should be great for us as well. We have a strong group of riders in there who have the potential to really dominate the field. Again...they just have to ride smart and take smart chances out there. It's going to be a good weekend for the team.
So...to sum up my week since Sunday:
Sunday 67 miles
Monday 20 miles
Tuesday 20 miles
Wednesday 94 miles
Thursday no miles of note - just a little recovery spinnning
Friday 57 miles
Saturday 59 miles
Sunday - not sure yet...riding with Dana, Sally, and Lenore!
Grand total in 7 days? 317 miles!
Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment