Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Saturday TT

On Saturday, I rode the West River Drive Time Trial (I guess it's called the Martin Luther King Drive Time Trial now)...anyway...

I was lucky enough to be on the borrowed TT bike from Christian and it definitely saved me some time. I ended up going over a minute faster than when I raced the TT on Falco. I felt ok at the start, but my legs soon reminded me that I had done the Wall Climb the evening before and they started to ache about 3.5 miles in. No big deal, only 5 more miles to go!!!

It was great to have so many teammates there cheering me on as I punished myself for the second day in a row. The bike felt really comfortable and I know that I was doing really well until the last 1K. At that point, there is a slight uphill grade and a bump up to the finish. My legs were totaled at that point. I did my best, but lost a bit of time going into the finishing stretch. I was hoping to get into the 20 minute range, but finished with a time of 21:12. In reality, I was really happy with that, and am looking forward to doing a few more of these at a later date! I ended up 7th overall, so I think I had a great weekend of racing, all in all!

Sunday was the Pro Race. It was HOT! Sahara hot! Hot Tub Hot! Fry an egg on the sidewalk Hot! Did I mention it was hot?

Dana and I rode the course in the morning, which included #4 trip up the Wall. It honestly felt great. I think it will be part of my new regimen to get out there and do repeats on the wall now and again. The course is wonderful, with a few painful sections (Strawberry Mansion Hill). With the heat coming in, I knew the race would be one of attrition. It was. Of the 116 women who started, only 68 crossed the finish line. Of the 150 some men, only 81. They were dropping like flies. I saw part of the race and watched the finish on TV in the air conditioning!

Thanks to Brian and Keswick for the great tent every year! You're the greatest! And your little boy is ADORABLE!!!!!

No comments: