Friday, June 06, 2008

Manayunk Wall Climb

Well, I finally did it. I raced up the Wall tonight! I tried to do well by Sturdy Girl. Since Liz has won it the past couple of years, but was unable to join us for the climbing festivities tonight, I tried like hell to do her proud. I ended up 4th overall with a time of 2 minutes 8 seconds. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it! I think that I made a few minor mistakes at the very bottom and the top, but hindsight is always 20/20, right?!

There were so many great people out there cheering me/us on. Thank you so much to the Sturdies: Sally, M, Jennyand Ed, Dee Anne and Paul, and Anne, George, Reuter and Melanie, Kelly, Lenore, and, of course, Chuck - my sweet hubby who took this GREAT video for me.

At the start, I am the little, teeny, tiny speck off at the bottom of the hill...but keep watching...soon, I will "zoom" by up the 17% grade to the top. OUCH! It did hurt like hell, but 2 minutes of hell was just fine by me.

Bring on the Time Trial tomorrow!

No comments: