Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gelato, Gelato, Gelato!

Tonight is the famed Gelato Ride! :)

We cruise around Philly for a while and end up at Capogiro for Gelato. For those unfamiliar, Gelato is a scrum-diddly-umptious frozen treat that stirs your tastebuds into a frenzied dance of yummy goodness. It is shockingly flavorful and probably equally bad for you, but it's worth it to stop every year and get a bowl. I can't wait to see what amazing flavors await us tonight...boy, I hope they have cantaloupe again this year! :P

Perfect preparation for the State Race this weekend. Our field currently stands 10 deep and includes 3 Sturdies, 3 Riptide Racers, and Betty! This should make for an interesting race. I become nervous, excited, and anxious when I think about it! :) When I think about the finish hill and making it to the top in a good place (1st?), my belly does flip flops. In reality, like every race I start...I just want to be safe and race strong. I hope I can race smart and end up on the podium, but we'll just have to wait and see.

For now...the only thing on my mind is...GELATO!

No comments: