OK...the ups and downs begin!
Today is a total downer. It's been pouring rain all day, and when it's not pouring, it's threatening to pour. Basically, this means that my butt is stuck on a chair in my office, grading papers, and distracting myself with instant messaging and other computer related frivolities (ahem - blogging). I will try to get on my trainer tonight during the hockey game or something, just to spin my legs out and keep them loose.
The other downer today is the bad news that has spread like a virus through the email inbox of every cyclist in the tri-state area. The major promoter for our road races in Lancaster county Red Rose Races has been shut down. Due to apparent financial issues, the promoter and ALL of his races have been suspended. Did you hear that? ALL OF HIS RACES! In case this is still unclear, this means that potentially we will lose the following races:
Rapho Road Race
Bird-in-Hand Road Race
Peiffer Hill Road Race
Brownstown Road Race
Dutch Country Stage Race
Mount Penn Road Race
Robert Fulton Road Race (I LOVE THIS RACE)
Grandview Heights Road Race
Deodate Road Race
Tour de Christiana Stage Race
...we getting the idea, here?! There's a chance that some of the races later in the year could get picked up by another promoter and run, but for now, we have to consider races in other states. Really stinky news.
Ok - onto the good (?) stuff. The Manayunk Wall Climb is on Friday. I'm nervous and excited to do it. I feel ready for it, but I know how much it is going to HURT! I just hope that my recruiting of spectators works and I have a slew of people on the side of the road cheering for all of those decked out in pink! Let's go, Sturdies!
No comments:
Post a Comment