At the start of the day, the Cat 3 GC was Me with 57 points, Stacey Jensen with 56 points, and Netana Hotimsky with 53 points. Needless to say, we three were duking it out for the top spots.
The road race course was awesome. A bunch of really nice, big rollers, but it was all big ring. Unfortunately for yours truly, they gave us a points preme on lap one. Have I mentioned that Netana and Stacey are awesome sprinters?! Anyway...I picked up 3 points to their 5 and 7.
The rest of the race went really well. I stayed in the pack, played it smart and tried to sprint for the line. Unfortunately again, I let up a few seconds too soon and was passed on the line to take 4th in the race. I'm still really happy with that, but as Stacey and Netana were first and second, I ended up 3rd in the GC!
Yes, people...this was my 3rd place GC "trophy." Please tell me how I got this and the winner of the Cat 4 GC got a brand new Van Dessel Cross bike frame (see picture below!)? hmmmm...
Lenore was also 3rd in her GC. And 3rd in her road race. All in all, it was a great weekend and a really successful race for me. I am really happy with how I did and how great I felt getting pummeled like that. The TT was certainly the highlight both in terms of the beautiful setting and the win, but the whole weekend was awesome. Can't wait to do it again next year. With a few more teammates...we could really clean up! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment