I am getting ready to head out for my first Stage Race of the year! It's called the Giro del Cielo! It's going to be a fun, hard weekend! There is an uphill time trial and crit tomorrow and a road race on Sunday.
The uphill time trial is a 4.6 mile race with a "gentle" graditnt. Yeah...like the race last year that had "one short out of the saddle climb" that turned out to hit 13%! The website lists a number at 9%, but I don't know if that is the average or the maximum. Judging by the times from last year's race, I'm thinking that is the max, but we'll see. I'm hoping to preview the TT course today, so I should have either no fear or a ton of trepidation about tomorrow!
The Crit and Road Race are pretty standard, it seems. A four-corner crit and 5.5 mile loop for the Road Race. The field is tough, so the races should be great! I'm looking forward to all of it...well, maybe not the uphill TT part! :)
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment