On Tuesday, I drove down to the beach with my gear and that of others who were planning to join me on the upcoming Shore Ride. It was lovely...Chuck and I spent his day off doing a bit of shopping and cleaning the house in preparation for our guests. I then drove back home.
Two days later, I started back down to the beach by bike with 4 lovely friends. We rode down on Friday, arriving there around 11:30 in the morning. It was a great ride, with only one flat and one mishap in which I (standing completely still, mind you) fell over. Don't ask. Weird road camber. ANYWHO...we arrived at the beach no worse for wear and ready to bask in the sunlight and swim in the frigid ocean! We did this with all the fervor of 5 year olds and then went back to the house for a dinner at Sunset Bay and a few yummy drinks.
But not before Luly took a little nap with Jake! :)
I called Chuck when I got home and he says, "Why don't you drive back down? Richie's having his Jaws movie night." Crazy Sarah says, "OK!" After watching the tour and getting a bite to eat, my butt turns around and drives back down to the beach!
I get to Richie's house around 7pm and proceed to gorge myself on delicious BBQ foods and play with the new kitty, Chase. Here is a little video of the goofball, who has a very interesting habit. Not unlike children who suck their thumbs, Chase likes to suck on the large pad on the bottom of his back feet. He was gracious enough to allow me to video his rather unusual habit and post it for you here! Richie says he does this all night long!
I stayed down there until this morning, when I returned home. Now, I have to get ready for my brother's visit! Well...that and Pint Night! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment