Thursday, July 31, 2008

Greentree Recap

Well...it turns out that there was more than one pink rider there tonight! Much to my surprise, Lenore was at the Greentree crit tonight. As was Kelley Bethoney, a few Verducci ladies, and Elizabeth Bonilla. It was a fun evening.

I had one sketchy moment when some bozo boy decided that he REALLY needed to get between me and the wheel in front of me. So much so, that he decided to simply merge into the side of my bike. He nearly took me out. I saw the race flash before my eyes before I managed to whittle my way out from the pack and off the road into a parking lot. Once I got myself under control, I pulled back onto the road and waited for the pack to come around. I stayed on for a few laps, but I was really spooked by my near crash, so I was unable to engage with the pack. Think Maverick in Top Gun..."No, man, it's no good." :)

I took another easy lap and then tacked on with a vengeance. I was NOT going to let these boys scare me! The rest of the "race" was great! I felt really good and going at high speeds was pretty awesome (I averaged 24.8 including my two easy laps).

I'm thinking that my legs are in good shape for the weekend. All they need is a nice Colavita ride tomorrow! :)

No comments: