I went over to preview the uphill TT for tomorrow. It's going to be good. It's a hell of a lot easier than Reddish Knob, I can tell you! It's easier than the climb at Toona, also. There are two steep, tough sections - one a few tenths of a mile from the bottom and one about .6 from the summit. These sections will need to be dealt with smartly, but shouldn't cause too much trouble, I hope. There are a few really flat sections, where I think you can bump it into the big ring and really push for some speed. All in all, I am not fearing it at all...although I know that it will hurt something fierce.
There's only a few hours between the TT and the Crit tomorrow, so I have to work hard on recovering between the two. But, I won't be thinking about that prior to the TT. For the time being, the only thing I am focused on is the summit of Sunrise Mountain.
I have been sleeping like crap lately. Every night, I seem to go to bed and my brain will not shut off. I keep thinking about the things I have to do the next day, or what I did that day, or what I forgot to do or didn't have time to do. Sometimes, I wish I was one of those people who went to work everyday at the same time. Came home at the same time. Left work at work. Then I think...man, if I was one of those people, I'd probably be even more insane than I already am! All of this reminds me - I have to go study now.
No comments:
Post a Comment